1/30/2014

Road Trip!!

Wayne and I recently took a road trip to Natchitoches, LA.
One of my favorite places to visit there is the Kaffie-Frederick General Mercantile....


 It is a wonderful old store full of useful, fun and unusual items. I loved the colorful toy aisles.

 Bins full of marbles....



and toys from my childhood....



 Displays of merchandise....things that were sold in the store many, many years ago...






These skylights were used to light the store prior to electrical service.  I love the umbrella display....




 There is so much to see in this store!





This cash register, original to the store, is still in use....


 For me, its a wonderful place, full inspiration, color, patterns, textures and a bit of nostalgia. 


More of our trip to come......









1 comment:

RETA said...

That store is awesome! We had a little drug store in Idaho - very tiny - that still had shelves with remedies from long ago. It was fun looking at those old things! - This place you visited is really remarkable! It is huge! I would love to see it myself. Thanks for sharing the pictures!