2/03/2014

Basilica of the Immaculate Conception

During our recent trip to Natchitoches, Louisiana, we stayed at the Church Street Inn.   They have a lovely courtyard complete with tables and a fountain to sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.






 While we relaxed in the courtyard, Wayne enjoyed people watching while I started this sketch of the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception.  The back of the church faces the Inn.


I wasn't able to finish the drawing there....it was a bit too cool to sit outside long enough.  So I have been working on it during my lunch breaks. 




The interior of the church is beautiful! 





I loved all the stained glass ....




 






3 comments:

RETA said...

Beautiful photos! I love your sketch too. How wonderful that you get to make trips like this and see so many interesting things!

Margaret said...

What a lovely and peaceful place -- both the garden and the church. Your drawing will keep those memories fresh. :-)

Linda A. Miller said...

Beautiful peaceful place... keep working on that drawing!