6/03/2016

New Project

I have been buying vintage hankies at Estate sales for some time.  I think they are beautiful!!  They are so delicate and the designs are so intricate.  I just felt that they should be preserved in some way.  I have been tossing ideas around for some time.  This week I tried printing one of my drawings onto Organza and fusing it onto one of the hankies.  I plan to embellish it with old buttons and tiny beads.  This is what I have so far.....


(The buttons and beads are not sewn down, I just keep changing them out and moving them around...trying to decide what looks best.)



 My stash of hankies......





This is my collection of buttons.
  I pick them up everywhere I find them........


(These are only the white/cream colored buttons.  I have many more!)

Wayne has been showing a bit of concern about my growing collections.  I figure I better start finding ways to use them!   : ) 




1 comment:

Reta said...

What a lovely idea! That looks so pretty! Yes, collectors must one day decide . . . use some of the stash . . . rent a storage unit . . . or move out of the house.

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...