8/12/2017

Farmers Market-Lessons Learned

While visiting the kids in North Carolina, we went to the State Farmers Market in Raleigh.  The vegetables and fruits were so fresh and beautifully displayed.  I just had to try to paint these heads of cabbage.....







This is pretty rough and needs some help, but I was kinda proud of the way the veining turned out using a Fineline Resist Pen.  I got the shadows but could have built them up some more.  Then there is the misspelling.  I wrote Raliegh instead of Raleigh.  I was able to erase the lettering with a Mr. Clean Magic eraser.  But then I wrote over it, thinking it was completely dry and the lettering feathered.  I erased it again, sort of, but by then the paper was breaking down and it left a shadow.  I learned some valuable lessons with this page!  I have 120 pages in this book.  Hopefully, by the time I reach the end, my watercolor skills will be noticeably better!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would never have noticed "the shadow" - it just looked like part of the picture! I also would never picked up on the spelling error! Oh my. I LOVE the piece. The color is beautiful.

Giddings Art said...

Thank you, Reta! We're are own worst critic. I appreciate your encouragement!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...