4/17/2020

I'm So Excited!



While we are stuck in place, I decided I wanted to learn more about painting with watercolor.  I found an online teacher that I really like (Her lovely British accent and soft spoken manner don't hurt!)  Her name is Anna Mason, and her school is at:  https://www.annamasonart.com/.

I am excited and I want to show off my first project!  I don't have all the exact colors she uses, so while she is mixing paints at a leisurely pace on her palette, I am madly mixing a little of this and a little of that on mine trying to come up with a hue to match hers as closely as possible.  I was going to go ahead and buy all the paints she uses, but I actually think I will learn more about mixing paint this way.  So, without further ado, this is my William's Pear from the Anna Mason School tutorial......




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be happy! You got it right! There should be some warning along with this picture, as pears are not easy to find - especially like this one that looks so delicious! Now I'll be dreaming of pears! ha! What a beautiful effort on the colors!

Giddings Art said...

Thank you, Reta! I really enjoyed doing this class and am looking forward to the next one. I love that I can work at my own pace and on my own schedule. My intitial goal is one per week.

Margaret said...

Beautiful! I chuckle about the colours. When I took w/c lessons (15 years ago) our teacher was adamant we could start with only the 3 primaries. We had to learn to mix them to get what we wanted. Eventually we were able to add in a few other selections, but for several months, 3 colours was all we got to use! You did a wonderful job with your limited palette!

Giddings Art said...

Thank you Margaret! I am sure you learned a lot about mixing color! Do you still paint?

imdiane said...

This is beautiful. It takes real patience to do this. I'm glad you are enjoying the class! I'll check in here to see your new work, too.

Giddings Art said...

Thank you, Diane! Yes, I plan to post my classwork here. I hope it will keep me on track and accountable. Besides, I find my best cheerleaders here! 😊

Diane J. Evans said...

You are such a quick study -- this is beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do next. Hope you and Wayne are safe and healthy. And how is Gus? (LOVE that dog!)

Diane

Giddings Art said...

Diane! It's so good to hear from you! Thank you so much. Wayne and Gus and I are doing well. Gus is turning into a huge fur ball! As much as he dislikes going to the groomer, I'm sure he will be ready for a summer cut! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment!!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...