1/07/2021

Gramma's Studio

 In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I also made a rash statement.....something about possibly organizing said cabinets.  😂😂😂😂😂😂

We did succeed in going through the cabinets!   



But the searching/"organizing" stopped when we found a brand new Gelli plate that just begged to be used.  

 


This thing is so much fun!!  You put acrylic paint colors on the Gelli plate, smoosh them around, make some marks through the paint, and print onto paper!  So fun and so addicting!  We spent several hours playing with this!

We really should have had a second brayer, one to apply the paint to the Gelli plate and a clean one to run over the back of the paper to make a good print.  We used a paint brush on the plate.




Some of our prints drying....


She came up with a wonderful idea for using our prints.  She is going to write Bible verses on the back of each print, then she bound them into a book by punching holes along one side and threading ribbon through the holes.  I forgot to get a picture of her bound book though! I am interested to see what Bible verses she writes in her book.


We couldn't imagine missing out on any new crafts or art supplies, so we took a road trip to Hobby Lobby and Michael's!

 



 

 

 That led to a trial run at weaving!  Since the work table in the studio was covered, we migrated into the kitchen....


                                * Notice my Christmas table cloth still on the table. 

 My Granddaughter managed to finish three projects while I am still working on my first.  She made a towel and a bed throw for her sister's dollhouse! I'm not sure what she was going to do with her 3rd project.

 

 

We had a little down time so she got comfy with the newest big Blick Art Supplies Catalog that had recently arrived......


 Gus making sure she was okay behind that catalog.  She hadn't moved except to turn the pages in a long time.


She also sent some time feeding the squirrels with Grampa!




We had a great time, laughing, making art, learning new things, playing Farkle with Grampa and just being silly.....

 

 



I love making memories!

 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those wonderful memories with us!

Giddings Art said...

You're welcome, Reta!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...