1/03/2021

Happy New Year!

 

 Welcome 2021

For all the crazy, sad things that happened this past year, we have seen so many blessings too.  We spent much more time together as a family, in person and virtually, and spent less money since we were not eating out, going to movies, or taking a vacation.  

I never dreamed I would see 2021 when I was young.  That just sounded like science fiction!  I am working this year to form a habit of reading my Bible first thing every morning.  If I wait until later in the day, so many things get in the way.  My mind is less cluttered early in the morning, and hopefully I will be able to retain more of it!

I can't wait to begin a fresh journal.  I still have a few pages to fill in my old one. I thought I would fill it with drawings of my Christmas presents.  That would be a fun way to end a crazy year.

I hope to produce more art this year. I want to finish a charcoal drawing I  started of a really cool dog I found on the internet. (I got permission from his owner who is also the photographer.)  I have more ideas than hours in a day!  One of our granddaughters is coming to help go through my huge cabinets in my studio this week. They are packed with stuff I haven't even seen in several years. No telling what we may find! I also have a large antique trunk filled to the brim with fancy fabrics, plus jars full of buttons, laces and vintage hankies I have collected from estate sales. She is a natural born organizer so I am hoping we will find some fun stuff to play with and get organized too!  It will probably require a trip to Dollar Tree for bins (and maybe some other fun stuff Haha!)  I'm sure there will be pictures to share!

 Until then.......


 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing in this world that compares with reading one's Bible & talking with the Lord - first, each day. Before my feet ever reach the floor, I usually have a conversation with HIM about how surprised I am to have woken up! Coffee and Bible work well together - and it is then I receive my marching orders for the day. Most days it is a surprise to me - and He always makes my days worth living. May you and all that read this blogspot, be blessed, be safe, and put Him first. In the love of Jesus, Reta.

Giddingsart said...

Thank you, Reta! Yes, I am already seeing huge blessings and this is only day 3! Susan and I are both reading through the Bible as we each wake up and then and discuss the passages through the day. It has been wonderful! We want this to become habit with us. Coffee, Bible and a good friend to discuss with. May God continue to bless and protect you!

Margaret said...

Happy New Year, Dawn! I try to start my day with online Morning Prayer from the Dean at the Canterbury Cathedral. It suits my Anglican (Epscopalian) practice beautifully, and there's always a reflection on the Scripture reading for the day. God bless you and yours through this new year. :-)

Giddings Art said...

Happy New Year, Margaret! I am learning so much, even though I have read these chapters several times before. There is nothing better than starting each day in the Word. God bless you and your family in this new year!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...