5/01/2017

Leather Journal Completed

A few days ago I posted the beginning work on my handmade leather journal.  Now it is finished.....I think.  I wanted the cover to feature the rough edges and curves of the natural cowhide.  But now I am not sure I like it because it tends to curl up.  What do you think?









 I found this metal piece at Michael's.  It is supposed to be used on a bracelet, but I hammered it flat to use as a closure for my sketchbook. I love the look of the long wrap around lace of the leather journal that I bought from Iona, but when I am sketching, the long lace gets in the way or in the dirt or once, my puppy chewed on it. I was trying to come up with something that wouldn't get in the way.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I LOVE the journal! I love everything about it. Don't change a thing. Not only will the sketches inside be a treasure, but also the very book - made with your own hands - and a treasured keepsake forever.

imdiane said...

This is beautiful. It looks so usable, yet so special. Just live with the corners for a while. They may soften and lie down. If they become annoying, you can remove them later. Dawn, I'm so impressed!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...