2/04/2019

Sketching at DBU

The weather was gorgeous today, so I went on an adventure.  I drove over to Dallas Baptist University.  It is a beautiful campus built on top of a hill overlooking Mountain Creek Lake.  It was a perfect, sunny day with a light breeze.....something we haven't had in awhile.  I walked around the campus a bit and found a great place to sit and sketch the steeple of the Pilgrim Chapel.














Then I just walked around and took pictures of things I would like to sketch.






I'd like to go back and spend more time there!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! I love your sketch, and the pictures you took are such great treasures for you to use!

Giddings Art said...

Thank you, Reta! It was a perfect day for sketching! I'm so glad I went!

Susan Bronsak said...

I see you like steeples and tops of buildings too :-) Here lately have been thinking about driving around sketching and taking pictures of various buildings concentrating on what's on their roof tops.

I don't make it known as I'd like but so enjoy seeing your blog posts!

Giddings Art said...

Thank you, Susan! I have always been interested in architecture. And for some reason, I always seem to be looking up!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...