9/22/2015

Texas Urban Sketchers

Urban Sketchers is a network of artists around the world who draw the cities they live in or travel to.  Their mission is to "Show the World, One Drawing at a Time."  Click the link to visit the Urban Sketchers-Texas Blog.

Last Saturday, we met up with the local group of Urban Sketchers-Texas at the historic Oakwood Cemetery in north Fort Worth for a few hours of sketching and a short history of the cemetery and chapel.  It rained and cut the sketching short, so a little more was added to this sketch later......







At the end of the sketching session, everyone shared their sketchbooks......




 and then there was the group photo......



We are looking forward to doing this again!





2 comments:

Margaret said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all, despite the rain. Did anyone do any grave rubbings? Your tree drawing is beautiful!

Giddings Art said...

Thank you, Margaret! We did have a good time, even with the rain. I didn't see anyone doing rubbings. I want to try that myself one day. We have seen some very old and very ornate head stones that should make very nice rubbings.

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...