1/19/2016

Watercolor Class

I have dabbled with watercolor in the past, with not much success.  I decided to take a class for several reasons. Being part of a class keeps me on track.  As an artist, I know there are no rules, but it is nice to have a good foundation and have someone guide you with the basics.  In a classroom, you have the chance to meet other people with the same interests and that is always fun.  I also find that I learn from other students as well as the teacher as to what works for different people and I love to see the wide range of art supplies that people use.  My husband will attest to the fact that I am hopelessly in love with new art supplies.: )  Also, working primarily in graphite now, I have had a growing desire to add color to my work.  So, I am taking a class at the Upstairs Gallery with Margie Wittington.  I am in good hands.  Margie is a wonderful teacher.   I am a little shy about posting my first paintings, but I am doing that at the request of my sisters who follow my blog to see what I am up to. 







5 comments:

Reta said...

You are such a good sister (to listen to our advice)! We know best! I am so happy to see this post - as this painting just seems to beckon me into the scene. I wish I were there right now. Well done Bee!

Giddings Art said...

Thank you, Reta! You are my biggest fan. : ) And yes, I listen you your advice (most of the time) because my sisters do know best.

Diane J. Evans said...

No need to be shy, Dawn -- this is beautiful! Go forth and be colorful -- you excel at it.

Diane

Margaret said...

Beautiful! Almost a decade ago now, I took 2 years of basic drawing and water-colour from Sharon Lynn Williams of Calgary...ostensibly to learn to mix colours so I could dye fabric. I learned so much more than that!! And I carry it through to my sketches and painting on fabric etc. I think you've opened an entirely new door for your work. Enjoy!

imdiane said...

Thank you for posting your work, Dawn. I love seeing you develop your art in so many ways and so quickly!
Your oldest sister,Diane

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...