5/02/2016

Live Models

I have learned to draw portraits from photos where I am able to take measurements and draw with a grid to guide me.  But lately I have been stepping out of my comfort zone and doing some quick sketches of people around me.  

This past weekend, we drove to Shreveport to spend a day with Wayne's dad.  We took him to his favorite hangout (a rec center) where he plays dominoes with a group of friends almost every weekday.  I sat off to the side and sketched a chair and some dominoes and then got up the nerve to try to draw my father-in-law.  Playing dominoes is the only time this spry 95 yr old man ever sits still long enough to sketch! This is the result....


 Here are some quick sketches I have done while listening to the sermon in church...




 

2 comments:

Reta said...

You will accomplish things, stepping out of your comfort zone, that you could never accomplish otherwise. This is the same with faith. Our faith grows when we look to God from outside our comfort zone. I am so proud of you, Bee - and see, how wonderful the results are!

Judy Warner said...

Beautiful sketch, Bee. This opens a whole new path for you!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...