1/26/2017

Urban Sketcher's DFW

I recently went to the Frontiers of Flight Museum at Dallas Love Field with the Urban Sketchers DFW.  We spent 2 hours sketching aircraft at the museum. It was a great outing and I enjoyed it very much!

 I went straight to the V-173 "Flying Pancake".  I had seen it before at the Vought Heritage Retiree's hangar at Vought Aircraft years ago.  They were restoring it for the Smithsonian Museum.  I saw it in the "skeleton" stage with its wood frame exposed.  They were busy stretching cotton muslin fabric over the frame that would later be covered in resin and paint.  I had not seen it in 12 years so I was excited to see it finished!

Of course the Flying Pancake is what I drew.....

 

No comments:

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...