6/20/2017

Wayne's Lamp

Recently Wayne went to an estate sale looking for a band saw.  He came home with a band saw, a lathe and a scroll saw....as a package deal.  He has been playing with the lathe and found out that it was something he wanted all along....he just didn't know it!  He has been making lamps out of fence posts or anything else he can get his hands on.  Last week, he stacked pieces of pine and laminated them together.  When the glue had completely dried, he put it on the lathe and this is the finished product....





I think of mid-century modern when I look at it.  He still needs to wire it and add a shade, but I couldn't wait to show it off.  He is having fun and each one gets better and better. 

No comments:

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...