12/04/2017

Gelato, Please and Water With Gas

As I wrote in an earlier post, while in Italy, I made sure to have Gelato every day!!  It was so delicious!  I loved the small size.  It was enough to satisfy my craving (for the moment Ha!) but not enough to make me feel overly guilty for the indulgence, or ruin my appetite for dinner.  The cones were very skinny and they usually stuck a small, plastic, spade-shaped spoon in the scoop of Gelato.

I also enjoyed the mineral water!  I was unceremoniously instructed by a store clerk at the Frankfort Airport about the difference in the bottled waters in Europe.  There was a large display with labels I couldn't read and although I wasn't in line, she felt I was taking too long deciding.  So, she walked over, grabbed two different bottles and flipped them over in front of me.  One had bubbles, the other did not.  She said "Gas!!  No Gas!!"  So, I learned that if I wanted sparkling water, to ask for gas.  I also learned not to dawdle when shopping in Frankfort!

These pages in my journal were messy and quick and just plain fun reminders of a few of my favorite things in Italy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pellegrino, my beverage of choice! Funny about the "gas"! Wonderful journal pages and so cute!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...