4/10/2018

Crash Victim

This morning, Wayne went to the window to look out onto our backyard.  Just as he opened the blinds, a beautiful male Cardinal flew into the window.  He bounced off and tried to fly, but only got a few feet before he dropped to the ground.  Wayne went out to see if he was still alive and to pick him up before Gus did.  He was knocked out cold.  By the time I got my camera, Wayne was petting him and talking to him and he had opened his eyes but was very disoriented.  







Wayne set him up on the squirrel feeder to keep him out of harm's way until he recovered.




It was amazing to not only get so close, but to actually touch a Cardinal. 



Wayne went out about 15 minutes later to check on him and as he approached the feeder, the Cardinal flew away. I'm so glad he recovered enough to fly.  Hopefully he will be okay.  He was beautiful!! 

We have had numerous birds fly into our windows.  I am not sure what we can do to keep that from happening.  Any ideas?


3 comments:

Faisal Tariq said...

It is probably reflecting the sky, that is why you are seeing this. Cute bird though

Anonymous said...

The birds do that here too. Not so much since we installed Arizona sun screens on all the glass. What a wonderful opportunity for you to get close and handle such a bird! I'm happy you got pictures too!

Susan Bronsak said...

What a beautiful story of the attention and care you both gave as that little guy recovered from his injury. It happens here too and it appears to depend on the time of day and how the surroundings reflect in the windows. So far our feathered friends have only been stunned and able to recover and be on their way.

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...