4/21/2018

Ft. Worth Main Street Arts Festival

Wayne and I went to Ft. Worth on Friday for the Main Street Arts Festival.  It was fantastic as usual!  We met so many interesting people and enjoyed seeing artists like Teresa Merriman of Mind's Eye Journals, that we have met in the past or follow on Facebook.  We got there right when they opened so we had some time before it got crowded to talk with the artists.  I always come away from the festival full of inspiration and a renewed excitement to get busy in my studio. 

We ate lunch at Razoo's and met a couple from Cuba.  They were so interesting and we had a wonderful conversation with them.  They were sitting at the next table and she asked what Wayne was eating.  They had never been to a Cajun restaurant before and didn't know what to order. 

I also met David Bjurstrom who does gorgeous graphite drawings on Claybord.  I am going to order some soon, not that I can draw like David, but I have to try it! 

We stopped to take a break and these are the only photos we took of the day.....




The Festival is still going on tomorrow.  If you are in the area, it is a great place to spend the afternoon to buy some great art, soak up lots of inspiration, enjoy live music and lots of food. 


4 comments:

Vicky L. Williamson said...

Great hat! Looks like you had a fun time.

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about your excursions! The two of you look spiffy in your caps and I wonder why the travel channel has not hired you yet - to "travel, tell, & sketch" your journeys!?

Giddings Art said...

Reta, the Travel Channel just hasn't been able to catch up with us yet!!

Giddings Art said...

Thank you, Vicky! We did have a fun day!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...