12/17/2018

The Gift

This month's prompt in the virtual sketch group, Sketch With Me on Facebook,  was The Gift.   The best gift I could think of was the gift that God gave us when he sent His son to die for our sin so that we can have eternal life.  There is no gift better than that!  So, I drew my depiction of baby Jesus.


As promised here, I want to show you the simple accordion sketchbook I made for this group. This is the cover, so far.....



I actually put two pieces of watercolor paper together to form this book. But when I glued the pages, I guess I did it backwards because  it doesn't unfold the way it is supposed to. But that is okay. I am learning to relax and not worry if something isn't perfect. What did work out perfectly, is that I have 12 pages to make this sketchbook last for a whole year.   I am already looking forward to our sketch date for next month! 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would that be Hebrew then? . . . the book opens "backward"! ha! Seriously, the book is sweet. I have never seen a folded one like that before. I love your baby Jesus.

Giddings Art said...

Haha! Thanks, Reta. Actually it opens right, (the blue cover and then the leaf is the first page), but there is a weird page in the middle. It's all good though.

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...