5/22/2019

In the Wild!

This has been a busy time for us!  That is the main reason I haven't been posting as often lately.  Wayne and I and some very talented, dedicated people have been working on the set for our Vacation Bible School at First Baptist Church Grand Prairie.  It will start June 10th, so we don't have time to waste!

Wayne and the guys, Tal James, Doug Fuller, and Joe Rice, have been cutting all the shapes out of 2" insulation foam and constructing braces to hold up these massive pieces.  The background for the set will be 20 ft. wide and 12 ft. tall!







Myrna "Cloud" James, has become our meteorologist and is painting the clouds for the background. 




    And I have been working on the animals.  
We have a giraffe, who is 8ft tall.....






A Mama Bear and her baby........




And our latest addition will be an elephant, who is also 8 ft. tall and about as wide.....




 Still in progress......




We are really excited to get it all put together and see how it is going to look!  But we are mostly excited to see the kids reactions and hope they think it is so cool they will invite all their friends so more kids can hear the Gospel and have it make an impact on their lives.  When our VBS is over, at least 3 more churches are going to borrow our set for their Vacation Bible Schools......well worth all the time and hard work.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's incredible! "Disney" quality work! Wow!!!! What a blessing for ALL. Also - there is no way to measure the good that will come from this venture, to God's glory. Well-done!!!

Giddings Art said...

Thank you, Reta! I think you're a little biased, but I love your encouragement and enthusiasm!!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...