10/11/2019

Sketchbook

I have had some time to work in my sketchbook this week, finishing sketches I started on our cruise last month.  One of our favorite things to do on the ship is watch for flying fish.  They look like birds hovering over the water.  The ship stirs up schools of them and they fly out away from the ship.  They are way too fast for me to catch with my camera, so I have to admit, I googled several views of this elusive fish for my sketch. 

Also, I sketched the tiny cake we received at dinner one night in observance of Royal Caribbean Cruise line's 50th Anniversary.  It was very festive with a colorful sucker stuck in the middle instead of a candle. 

And last, I loved the decorations hanging in the Promenade the first night...colorful floats hanging by ropes.  I started randomly painting the floats before the thought occurred to me that the colors may have some significance.  If that be the case, I will chalk it up to artistic license! 






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delightful! Such sweet memories!

Giddings Art said...

Thanks, Reta! When Wayne first told me to look for the flying fish I thought he was teasing me. It can take a long time to spot one, but once you do, you see them all the time.

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...