11/29/2019

November Urban Sketching

This month, USK/DFW went to Grapevine, TX.  It was chilly, but a beautiful day and Main Street was fully decorated for Christmas.  I headed to the Vitro Glassblowing Studio where it was nice and warm....and full of beautiful glass.

There were people in the studio learning to make their own Christmas ornaments.  The process is fascinating!  They were very smart to graciously allow me to sit and sketch, because now I want to go back and learn the art of glassblowing!

I only had time to do an ink sketch and add a bit of color before it was time to meet back with the group for the throwdown.  So, I finished my sketches at home.

My sketches.....




Our group.....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so interesting - because my air conditioner guy told me that he is a glassblower on the side! I remember seeing this done when I was a young girl and our family visited Dearborn Park - the Henry Ford Museum. I remember buying a tiny glassblown souvenir. It is a fascinating art!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...