3/24/2020

USK/DFW Sketch-In

This past Saturday, the DFW chapter of Urban Sketchers wasn't able to meet because of   the Shelter in Place order.  So, our group leaders came up with an idea to post a new challenge on our facebook page every hour, starting at 10:00 am and ending at 6:00 pm.  We then posted our drawings in the comments section below each challenge.  I followed along as long as I could, but doing a whole sketch every hour for 9 hours was way more than my hand could handle.  : )   I completely finished the first two challenges, and got another three sketched out in pencil.  Since Saturday, I have finished the other three. 

Our winner was Nguyen Khang, who finished all 9 challenges with his beautiful sketches.  The Grand Prize is a 6 roll package of toilet paper to be delivered to Khang at the next gathering after all this craziness is over.  And of course, he also received this beautiful golden virtual trophy, designed by Robyn Jorde......





This was so much fun and we have had many laughs!  We are all eager to do this again.  Although maybe at an easier pace! 



 The following are my finished sketches from the challenges....














 \











It's a good thing that Dalynn, the holder of Grand Prize, lives 50+ miles outside of the Metroplex in an unknown location.  If Khang had received his prize, we may all be knocking on his door.....to borrow a roll of toilet paper.  HaHa!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to do - rather than just cancel! It's just like the church's closings, we still had church! Your sketches are delightful! The prize is incredible! Thanks for sharing!

Giddings Art said...

Thank you Reta! Yes, it was a wonderful idea!! Technology can be a good thing, the way it can bring us together. The prize was ingenious! We all had a good time together/apart. They are talking about more challenges while we are all "sheltering in place".

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...