2/06/2020

Quick Portrait

Last weekend we drove to Longview to spend a little time with Wayne's son, Mike, and soon-to-be daughter-in-law, Olivia, and 5 of our grandkids.  We saw one of our granddaughters play basket ball!  Her team lost but it was a close game and it was so much fun to watch her play.






 We painted hearts and Valentine messages on Olivia's office windows,






 we stuffed ourselves at a Mexican restaurant and we watched part of a Transformer movie with the boys.  The boys are all taller than me now, one by almost a foot! 

Our granddaughters sometimes enjoy drawing or coloring with me.  The youngest asked me to draw her and sat very still and patiently.....until she found out that a boy from school was outside playing basketball with her older brothers.  My model quickly decided that she needed to be outside skating with her sister (keeping an eye on the boys).  Haha!  I snapped a quick photo of her before she left to finish the drawing later.

Here is my sketch.....



Wayne recognized who the drawing was of, so I guess its fairly close.  I think maybe her mouth is off, not quite sure.   But I hope she will like it. 







2 comments:

Diane said...

I like the story of your day. I'm impressed that this sketch began with a live model! Good going!

Giddings Art said...

Thanks, Diane. To be honest, it wasn't looking much like her in the 15 minutes she sat for me. I need much more practice
drawing live models quickly. I'm not sure it looks that good now. But it was fun!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...