7/19/2020

Revisiting Italy


I went back to revisit and finish filling my Italy travel journal of our trip to Tuscany in 2017 yesterday.  I did it as part of our Urban Sketchers virtual get-together. Since we still can't gather together because of Covid, we were to choose a photo of a favorite past vacation, or a place we would love to visit. Italy was both for me.
It was fun, going through my pictures to choose a reference photo while listening to Andrea Bocelli and eating linguine and pesto imported from Italy!  We would love to return to Italy again.  It was an amazing place and so beautiful! This sketch is from a photo of the countryside from our bus window. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you can revisit your favorite place by way of pictures! Anyone cooped up by Covid - should do this. If they never traveled, they should travel by reading books! That is a lovely picture you have chosen! Makes me want to go there!

Giddings Art said...

Thank you Reta! I did feel transported back there by the pictures, music and
food. Spending the time to study the photo and draw what I could see, reminded me of the coolness of the day and the fresh smell on the breeze.

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...