9/26/2020

Housecleaning

 My granddaughter just spent the night with us. She wanted to spend time in my studio with me, making a new leather journal for her 12th birthday. She remembered every detail about folding the paper, stitching the book together, setting rivets, everything!  I was so proud of her!  This is her new leather journal filled with Canson Mixed Media paper.....


Immediately after she finished her beautiful journal, I put her to work cleaning my house from top to bottom.  She was a trooper! She moved furniture, she vacuumed my 3 story Victorian. She scrubbed the bathtub, repaired furniture, cleaned the huge rug in the music room, hung pictures on the walls and did it all with a smile on her face!  







She even vacuumed the shingles on the roof!  Who does that for their Gramma?












5 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm still trying to understand that you live in a Victorian house in Texas! Who knew there was such a thing?! P.S. Your granddaughter is a peach. She's artistically talented (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree)...and a housekeeping dynamo! You are blessed!

Giddings Art said...

Haha, there are Victorian style homes in Texas, but my Victorian house is in my studio. She loves my dollhouse and loved removing all the furniture and used my mini attachments that work with my vacuum cleaner, (I think it was intended to clean computer keyboards, but works perfectly for my dollhouse!) She redecorated and changed the rooms around and helped me repair broken pieces. We had a wonderful time together!

Giddings Art said...

And yes, Margaret, I am immensely blessed!!

Anonymous said...

LOVELY! The memories made, caring for the house together - can never be erased!

Giddings Art said...

Right,Reta! We had a wonderful time! The house looks better than it has in a long time,and we made lasting memories!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...