10/21/2020

Fiddle Contest

 

 

 I finally finished the sketch I started as my 12 year old granddaughter competed in her first Fiddle Contest.  She just started taking lessons this year and is doing so well!  I was amazed at her confidence as she took the stage and announced her song.  I know I am biased, but she really is good!!  She was up against kids up to 18 years old that had years of practice and experience and sounded professional.  But instead of being discouraged by how good they were, she was planning to learn harder songs for the competition next year!  So, this is my sketch of the day....the 25th Annual Chicken and Bread Days Fiddlers Contest in Bowie, TX.  (And yes, I just realized that I left the L out of Fiddlers.) Haha!

There will be more about the Festival on the facing page that I will show later.  There was a car show, a pumpkin patch, food trucks and vendors all around town.  It was so much fun!   

The other thing that made this day so special is that this was the only contest this year that was not cancelled because of the pandemic!  It was wonderful to see people together and not wearing masks since it was all outdoors.  It was good medicine!  And Praise God that it was a beautiful, sunny but cool day!

 


 

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...