8/29/2017

Baby Squirrel

Today Gus found a baby squirrel.  We aren't sure how the baby ended up on the ground, but Gus picked it up and carried it around until Wayne spotted him and made him lay it down.  Wayne  checked to see if the baby was alive and when he saw that it was, he laid it at the base of the tree in hopes that its Mama would return and take him back to the nest.










She did!



She checked him over good to make sure he was okay.









When she saw that he was alright, she picked him up.  When she did,  he came alive and started kicking all four legs.....




And as we hoped, she took him back to the nest.....



3 comments:

imdiane said...

This is awesome! Thank you for recording this and sharing it!

Margaret said...

"But I don't wanna go back in the ne-e-e-e-st yet, Mama-a-a-a!!" ;-) What a lovely story with a thankfully very happy ending! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is the best little story we've seen in a long time! God's creation is so amazing. I love that you were able to do a little "time-lapse" for us to get the story!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...