11/08/2017

Tuscany

Wayne and I just took the most incredible trip to Italy!!  It was a 9 day trip to Tuscany.  Before we left, I made a new leather sketchbook, filled with watercolor paper, imagining myself quietly sketching the beautiful scenery laid out before me.  Well, that did not happen....we were on the go every waking moment.  But we were able to fit so much into the time we had!  I took enough pictures to draw from for the next few years! 

Our very first view of Florence, Italy....


Rain was forecast for the entire week.  It was very overcast when we arrived but it cleared off and we had gorgeous weather all week.  The rain didn't appear until the morning we left!
  
From the airport, we were taken by bus to Montecatini Terme.

Our Home for the week......









We stayed at Hotel Ercolini & Savi in Montecatini Terme
We were on the second floor....which in Italy is our third floor!  Their ground floor is 0.






The streets are very narrow.  It is no wonder most Italians drive very small cars.  Also the cost of gas is very high.




This is the Hotel dining room where we had our first dinner and our breakfast every morning.





The breakfast they served was delicious!!  An array of pastries, croissants, cereal, fruits, eggs, bacon, etc.  I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I never missed a morning here.

I will have many more blog posts about our trip! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! How wonderful that you made so many sweet memories and have sketches to come! What a lovely trip for you two!!!!!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...