2/22/2019

Journaling Bible

When the books of Genesis and Revelation fell out of my Bible for the umteenth time during Bible Study, Wayne decided it was time that I have a new Bible.  He bought a beautiful journaling Bible so that I would have room for all of my notes and references and for some artwork, since I am always doodling in church.  It was so beautiful, in fact, it took almost a year for me to make my first mark.  I have posted my Sketches in the Margins on Facebook, but haven't shared them here.





























On the facing page, I can't wait to show....HE IS RISEN!!!



I also carry a small sketchbook to take notes and doodle.  I have found that if I sketch during the sermon, I am more focused and retain more of the lesson,  I also occationally jot down lyrics to songs we sing during worship when they particularly touch me.
Here is a sketch from that book.....




6 comments:

Margaret said...

It's beautiful, Dawn. Beautiful. Have you considered you're a modern-day version of the monks who used to inscribe the Bible (write it all out by hand) adding glorious embellishments to the text?

Giddings Art said...

Thank you so much, Margaret! I am humbled by your comparison of my sketches to the beautiful work of the monks.

Diane J. Evans said...

All I can add is, "Wow." This is beyond impressive, Dawn.

Diane

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Each page just brings tears to my eyes - to see it illustrated in such a moving way. Thank you for sharing these with us. You have expressed with ink visions that I see in my heart when I read God's word. You have turned a valuable thing into a priceless thing. I cannot find words to say any more.

Giddings Art said...

Thank you, Diane!

Giddings Art said...

Reta, you are so sweet! Thank you!!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...