2/16/2019

Urban Sketchers Outing

Today Wayne and I met the Urban Sketchers DFW at Northpark Center in Dallas.  It was a great place for sketching!  The mall is filled with art,  interesting shops and is a great place for people watching!   I have been wanting to sketch a window display with mannequins!  I scouted out a place to sit comfortably that was a little less traveled so there wouldn't be crowds blocking my view.  The mall was very busy!   I sat on a wall across from Zara and had a great view. 



We met again at 4pm for the throw down where we all got to see each others work.   I am always amazed at the wonderful sketches displayed.





We also had passersby stop and ask about our art.



Then of course trying to get everyone in the group photo....






We didn't stay to eat with the group because we needed to get home.  But on the way out of the mall we were drawn like moths to a light to a candy shop right by the entrance.  Neither of us had ever seen candy like this and they were giving away free samples.   That was it,  we had to buy one for each of us.




The candy looks like marble!  It was delicious!! It was worth every penny.  Wayne had Key Lime Pie.   Mine,  the one pictured below, was Peanut Brittle.  


I'm already looking forward to our outing next month!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful day! Your sketch is incredible! and oh, that candy! AMAZING!

Giddings Art said...

Thank you!! Yes, isn't that candy crazy? And delicious!

imdiane said...

What fun! I love your sketch! Yum, that candy looks good!

Giddings Art said...

Thanks, Diane! It was great fun! It is really an amazing place. I should put a link to the mall website so you can see the art there. That candy was a work of art too!

Giddings Art said...

Here is a link to the art on display at NorthPark Center www.northparkcenter.com/pages/northpark-art-tour-photo-gallery

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...