9/19/2019

Red Polka Dots

Just before we boarded the cruise ship,  we had a very enjoyable lunch with Wayne's sister and brother in law at Fisherman's Warf.  I looked over and saw this young woman at the next table.  She was so cute!   I loved her large sunglasses,  polka dot scarf, and lipstick, all in a perfectly matched shade of bright red.  I was immediately imagining which watercolors I would mix to recreate that same red.   She was glamorous and adorable at the same time.  I am still not bold enough to walk up to someone I don't know and say, "I would like to paint you!  May I take your photo?" I'm always afraid people will think I'm some sort of nut!   (All of you who know me well, please keep your thoughts to yourself!  Ha!)   Well,  thankfully,  Wayne is not afraid to ask anyone anything,  so he walked up to her and the gentleman she was having lunch with, and did the asking for me.    She graciously agreed to letting him take her photo.   I gave her my contact information,  so I'm hoping she will recognize herself and leave a comment.


I would still like to do a more formal painting at some point but for now,  this sketch in my sketchbook was good practice and a will remind me of this fun day! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of us would agree that you ARE some sort of nut! ha! But you are right, she IS adorable! Seems like these days, we don't see many people so fashionably arranged! (did I just make up a word?) ha! Her scarf would not have been as impressive without the lipstick!

Giddings Art said...

That sounds like the pot calling the kettle black! Ha! I loved how fashionably "arranged" she was. I hope her style becomes popular again. We need a lot more classy style and a lot less....ick!!

Kim said...

Love this!

Giddings Art said...

Thank you, Kim!!

Jenna said...

Lady in the photo here! You drew me perfectly & I am so honored that you chose me to draw while on your cruise. You and your husband were very nice and I hope you two enjoyed Mexico!

Giddings Art said...

Jenna, I have been checking daily to see if you'd stopped by! Thank you so much for leaving a comment and for being so kind. It was a pleasure meeting and sketching you!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...