9/17/2019

Not a Yellow Submarine

Wayne and I took a submarine ride while in Cozumel!  We dove to 107 ft. under the surface, watching fish and stingrays and viewing a sunken Navy vessel and coral reef.  We went to the edge of an underwater mountain where the ocean floor dropped off to 8,000 ft.  The whole experience was very interesting!  I remember watching WWII movies like "Destination Tokyo"  and wondering if I could ever get into a submarine.  Turns out, it wasn't scary at all.  Of course, we didn't have torpedoes speeding toward us at 200 knots!  😉





This was a white submarine instead of yellow, but while we were under the water, they did play the song, "Yellow Submarine" for us! You could tell everyone's ages by whether they knew the words or not. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so interesting! Wow, you are BRAVE! I used to get claustrophobic on the submarine ride at Disneyland. ha! Funny thing is, it was barely covered with water - and as I recall, it did not move! ha!

imdiane said...

How fun! I'd love to get to do that!

Unknown said...

You’re crazy brave my friend.

Giddings Art said...

Brave? Me? Haha! It was fun.

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...