9/16/2019

Catching Up!

I cannot believe how fast our summer has gone!  I have fallen so far behind on our blog.  I think I will start with the newest first.  As I think of things I have missed, I will fill in.  As a result, everything will be out of order but eventually I will get caught up.

We just returned from a Caribbean cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico.  We had a good time and met some very interesting people.  Everyone onboard our ship was so friendly!  We enjoyed sharing our table at lunchtime with a wonderful young couple from Mexico, Ricardo and Maria.  I am hoping they will see this blog post and comment so we can stay in touch.

While most people at the pool sunbathed, I found a shady spot and sketched.  There was a huge mosaic parrot beside the pool that caught my eye, and also the bright red that the lifeguards wore. (The lady and the metal palm tree were just for fun!)   Sitting away from the pool, I didn't think the lifeguard would see me sketching him.  The lifeguards were replaced often and I had to draw him fast because although they wore the same bright red,  their uniforms were different. I was busy looking down when all of a sudden he was standing right in front of me!  His shift had ended and he came over to ask if I had finished drawing him!!   Busted!! 

The next day, we ran into him again and I showed him the finished drawing.  He said he liked it and we walked on.  Several minutes later, I heard someone hollering, "Ma'am! Ma'am!"  I turned around to see that he was running after us with his tablet to ask if he could take a picture of my drawing.  He was very a very cute young man who reminded me alot of my nephew, JP.





6 comments:

imdiane said...

Thanks for sharing the story behind the pictures. Nice work.

Giddings Art said...

Thank you, Diane!

The Constantines said...

Great report and cool sketch!,

Giddings Art said...

Thank you Contantines!

Anonymous said...

So glad it was a great trip! That is such a neat sketch!

Giddings Art said...

Thanks, Reta!

Gramma's Studio

  In my last post I mentioned that my granddaughter was coming for a visit and we were going to go through the cabinets in my studio.  I als...